Are you looking for a new career opportunity? Check the postings below for the latest open positions with our Partner organizations. If no positions are showing, please check back soon.
Title: Coordinator of Natural Resource Management
Organization: Ottawa County Parks and Recreation Commission
Under the direction of the Director of Parks and Recreation Commission, oversees stewardship and natural resources planning, restoration, protection, and management functions.
Develops and implements comprehensive County wide short and long-term plans for the stewardship, protection and natural resources management for all County parks, open space lands and facilities to meet current and future demands and threats.
Coordinates and assists the Director in a wide range of administrative functions including budgeting, property acquisition strategies and policy development outside groups, residents, and in the media.
Responsible for the volunteer program, developing and presenting natural resources management expertise on a wide variety of topics and in wide variety of venues, and represents the department in regard to natural resource issues and efforts with other organizations,
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Thorough knowledge of the ecology of the Great Lakes region including native flora, fauna and natural communities
- Thorough knowledge of Michigan’s invasive species, their impacts and control methods; wildlife and wildlife management techniques; land planning and GIS mapping and use of GPS as it relates to natural resources management.
- A strong ability to formulate, communicate and implement natural resource management plans based on accurate and realistic estimates of field conditions; staff time and materials needed for completion.
- A strong ability to make written and verbal presentations to various groups including staff, commissioners, other organizations, and individuals.
- Considerable knowledge of research protocols as it relates to natural resource management.
- Considerable knowledge of volunteer management, including effective recruiting and retention techniques, coordination of events and ongoing volunteer services, on site supervision and appropriate recognition.
- The ability to effectively supervise paid staff, alternative labor including community service workers and volunteers.
Required Education, Training and Experience
Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in environmental science, natural resources management, ecology, biology or a related field required. A Bachelor’s degree and relevant professional level work experiences as approved by the employer may be accepted. Seven (7) to ten years’ experience in a natural resources management position, including experience with natural resource management plans, natural resources inventories, budget development and oversite and other stewardship activities including presenting reports and information in writing and verbally. Significant experience working with volunteers and volunteer programs in a leadership role including participate in recruiting, organizing and coordinating, on site supervision and recognition of service. Experience grant writing with proven success required.
To Apply and additional information: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/miottawa/jobs/4038028/coordinator-of-natural-resource-management
Application Deadline: June 11, 2023
Ottawa County is an Equal Opportunity Employer Agency