Are you looking for a new career opportunity? Check the postings, below, for the latest open positions with our Partner organizations. Click on the job name for more information.
Partner: City of East Grand Rapids
Position: Grounds Maintenance Worker
Position Profile: The temporary grounds maintenance worker will perform a variety of semi-skilled and skilled tasks in the maintenance and operation of city grounds. The individual will also assist in athletic field preparation and special events. The position is 40 hours a week and will take place from May- September.
Maintain all city landscape areas, including:
- Plant annuals and perennials
- Prune all shrubs and small ornamental trees
- Mulch all landscaping beds
- Keep all beds free of weeds
- Watering of annuals in a variety of containers
- Assist in preparation and maintenance of all city and school athletic facilities for practices and events
- Set-up and take-down equipment for athletic and recreation events as needed
- Maintain and repair nature trails
- Collect and dispose solid waste from downtown, recreation, and athletic facilities
- Work a flexible schedule with some, but not very many weekend and evening hour
Qualifications: The individual must have a valid drivers license or the have ability to obtain one.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work mostly in outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fluctuations in temperature and occasionally chemicals.