The mission of Ada Townships Parks and Recreation Department is to provide all community members with diverse recreational opportunities including access to premiere natural, historical and cultural areas that enhance our quality of life and inspire the preservation of nature.”.
Job Description: This is a seasonal position, May through August 2020, set up as an Internship experience. The Intern will assist the Ada Township Parks & Recreation Department in facilitating a variety of outdoor recreation and education programs along with natural resource management and maintenance needs in the Township parks, preserves and trails.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with planning and implementing outdoor recreation and environmental education programs and services for youth, families, adults and community-based events.
- Assist with the instruction and supervision of program participants and maintenance of instructional materials and supplies.
- Assist with the registration and data management of recreation program participants.
- Assist with the marketing and promotions of recreation and education programs including social media and web site postings.
- Assist with maintenance projects, grounds upkeep, stewardship work, gardens and landscaping in Township parks, preserves and trails.
- Assist visitors in the parks, park office and program participants as needed.
Hours Expected, Dates of Employment, and Compensation:
A significant part of the work is outdoors, on weekdays between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., with an occasional Saturday and evening. Compensation: hourly wage.
More information go to:
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume no later than Tuesday April 20th, 2021 to: Mark Fitzpatrick, Ada Township Parks, P.O. Box 370. Ada, MI 49301 or email email@example.com